These are standard rules for members using our website, Facebook group, all organised events and attending our meetings. They are designed to ensure all members feel safe, welcomed and keen to participate in the network and to keep the aims of the network in focus. We at the Inspire Network do not tolerate bullying, personal attacks or character assassination, whilst we always appreciate feedback, we want to breed an organisation of positivity and therefore we have a zero tolerance to unnecessary negativity. In such instances we may mute offending group members, remove or block them from the group and comments will be switched off on any unduly negative threads.
On joining the network, Facebook group or attending meetings, you unconditionally confirm your agreement to these terms.
- We encourage debate but this should be constructive and respectful;
- Don’t incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality, sexuality or any other personal characteristics;
- Don’t swear, use hate speech or make any other obscene or vulgar comments;
- Don’t break the law. This includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court, please remember in the event of a trading dispute the other party may be a member or connected to the network and disputes should be dealt with externally;
- Don’t engage in “spamming” which includes advertising products or services both on the Facebook group wall, or to members via our members’ directory or by sending private messages to the Facebook group members. Persistent offenders or those on which we receive persistent complaints of private spamming will be removed from the group and blocked;
- If you are under 16 please get permission of a parent or guardian before using the network;
- Don’t impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation;
- All communication must be in English to ensure that all members understand the discussion;
- Protect your privacy and that of others, please do not post private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other personal contact details online. The Facebook group is very large and therefore anything posted is effectively public;
- You own the copyright for all your postings, articles and pictures. Members agree to the network using items submitted for use on our website and in our newsletters;
- You are legally responsible for what you write. By submitting comments you agree to indemnify the network against any liability arising from breach of confidentiality, copyright, or any obscene, defamatory, seditious, blasphemous or other actionable statement you may make;
- The copying and use of The Inspire Network logo is not permitted without prior approval. Any members leaving the network must remove our logo from their website;
- The Inspire Network cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system, which may occur whilst using material downloaded from our website;
- The Inspire Network is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the external websites links from our site and does not endorse the views expressed within them. We cannot guarantee that these links work all the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages;
- Group members are asked not to recommend external people in recommendation threads, any continued breaking of this rule will lead you to be permanently excluded from the Facebook group.
- Group members are not permitted to share details from recommendation threads with external people and/or organisations, this would not only be an automatic life time ban but under new GDPR rules it would be interpreted as breaking the law and you could have legal action taken against you.
- We maintain a mailing list who receive invites to our meetings, events and newsletters. This list is securely stored and will not be passed onto any third parties or used for any other purposes;
- Only members of the admin team may create events on the Facebook group, any events created by others will be removed without notice. Your events should be created on your own Facebook page;
- Only members of the admin team may add or create documents/file on the Facebook group, any created by others will be removed without notice;
- We remind all members of the Facebook group that under Facebook rules personal profiles should be set up for people and not businesses, these are profiles with “friends” rather than “likes”. Your business should be set up as a business page (with “likes”) not a personal profile. Facebook can and will delete personal profiles set up as businesses, meaning you will loose all your contacts. Only personal profiles can join Facebook groups – the group is about networking and that means getting to know, sharing information and communicating with other local business owners. This should be done in person under your own name, not a business name or not with someone else running your account. When referring to your business you would direct people to your business page;
- Upon approving members to the Facebook group we do basic checks to ensure they look genuine and ‘real’ for business women or people who identify as women, however with the number of applications we receive some profiles may slip through the net. We reserve the right to remove without notice and block anyone who does not seem like a genuine profile or whose profile breaks any Facebook rules.
- We reserve the right to remove without notice any posts or any members from the group who contravene these conditions.
Please note that we moderate the group as much as possible, but the admin team are all volunteers and sometimes things do get missed. If you see a post that contravenes these guidelines please contact a member of admin or email us at email@example.com
Views and opinions posted on the group by members and theirs alone and do not represent the views of The Inspire Network. The Inspire Network does not verify, confirm or accept responsibility for any of the information, advice or material provided on the network. If you use this information or advice or material, you do so at your own risk.
The network has not approved, confirmed, verified or vetted any business that posts on the group page or is a member of the network on the website. We recommend you research all suppliers carefully before trading with them.
Our terms and conditions are subject to change without notice and will be permanently displayed on our website.
Thank you for your co-operation and we hope you enjoy and benefit from using the network.