We are so excited to bring you this feature on one of the wonderful women of our new directory, science tutor, Harriet Randall .
Harriet is based in Newcastle with over 17 years experience in teaching. She is also an exam marker so has expert knowledge on how to write the perfect extended response answers!
We asked Harriet some questions to help us gain an insight into her life and business as a science tutor, and we’d like to share her answers with you!
1. What does your work space look like right now? Tell us 3 things that you always have within reach.
Hmm my work space is very mobile as I travel to my students. I must have my netbook, paper and a pen
2. Sum up your business in 3 words
Educating the future
3. What inspires you?
I love seeing a students face when they understand a concept they have been struggling with
4. How and why did you get started in your business?
I made a huge leap and left a full time salaried job in teaching two years ago. I split my time between supply teaching and tutoring on an afternoon/evening.
5. What are you working on right now and what can we look forward to from you in the future?
I’ve just opened my diary for new tutees after the exams so I’m looking out for enquiries.
6. What is your USP? (Unique Super Power/Selling Point)
I have a 100% pass rate and have worked with students who have increased their grade by three grades.
7. What is your favourite inspirational quote?
Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine. ― Roy T. Bennett
8. Do you like to work to music? If so, what do you listen to?
I don’t tend to use music unless you count me occasionally bursting into song (badly) during a lesson.
9. Where do you see yourself and your business in 5 years’ time?
The balance of my working day will have shifted to more time tutoring but still maintaining time in schools.
10. So many people are taking the leap and starting their own businesses every day. What would be your top tip to encourage them and help them to get started?
Yes it’s scary but it’s totally worth it! I have never been happier
So, if you need a science tutor and you’re interested in learning more about Harriet and her business you can find her on social media
Or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org